We’re almost a month into 2014 – you, along with most people, are making a resolution that you plan to tackle throughout the rest of the year. Whether you’re resolution is getting to the gym three times a week or losing a specific amount of weight, it can be hard to maintain motivation. After all, while getting fit is probably the most popular resolution, staying active throughout the year can be tough. Cold weather, work commitments, doctor appointments, and social events can all affect how well we stick to our goals.
How exactly do you keep up motivation to meet your goals? Take a look at these motivational quotes, provided by Active.com, the next time you need help tackling a physical challenge or pump you up for a race:
- “It’s not what you look at that matters, it’s what you see.” – Henry David Thoreau
- “If it doesn’t challenge you, it won’t change you.” – Fred Devito
- “Today is the oldest you’ve been and the youngest you’ll ever be.”
- “One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it’s worth watching.”
- “If the path be beautiful let us not ask where it leads” – Anatole France
- “To be inspired is great, to inspire is be incredible.” – Unknown
- “The elevator to success is out of order. You’ll have to use the stairs.” – Joe Girard
- “There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there. You must go beyond them.” – Bruce Lee
- “This is your world. Shape it or someone else will.” – Gary Lew
- “Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
Save your favorites and break them out when the couch is looking better than the gym!